Saturday, January 27, 2024

Organizing My Outlook Email

     In for our first assignment in my IS101 class, I was instructed to create folders in my email account for unique purposes. For example, I made a folder specifically for IS101 assignments, canvas notifications, etc. To do this, we created rules in the settings tab that allowed me to specify where I want each email to go depends on certain rules. And to be honest, this was the first time I have organized folders and sorted out emails. I always used the inbox and the "All Mail" folder. 

    For Task 8 of A1 and the second discussion, I was required to create a rule of my own and to share it with others. I've posted mine on Canvas, but what I chose to do was create a rule that puts any email from blogger.com into a folder named Blog. I thought it was a good idea since we'd be using this website often. In case anyone wants to use this rule, I do have to note that there is more than one email from blogger.com that sends emails to your inbox. As of now I have found two: noreply-comment@blogger.com and noreply+subscribe@blogger.com. So for the condition where you put who the email is from, put both emails. If I happen to find more emails, I will update this blog fixing it. After completing this assignment, I felt much more knowledgeable on how to organize my emails. I will definitely use this for my personal emails.

11 comments:

  1. Hey! It's impressive to see how this assignment has not only enhanced your email management skills for academic purposes but has also inspired you to apply these practices to your personal emails. Keep up the excellent work in staying organized and sharing your insights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, great using technology to help you work smarter not harder. I used to drag emails to folders now with this assignment, can have the computer do it just like you did...win for IS101 A1 Task 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm elated you found value in the email Inbox rules from my A1 Accounts Setup & Professional Communication, Brandon :-)

    Using an email Inbox rule to manage the constant notifications is almost always the first thing students do ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandon, it's good that you are able to articulate our assignment and apply to the real-life situations. I am sure this email categorization will not only help in your personal email, but also will be helpful in professional email handling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you like the idea of implying rules into your personal emails. As I've said in another post I don't mind it, but having to individually click on folders to see what new emails I've received is a little cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brandon, It's good to see that you're applying the skills you learned in your personal life. I'm sure that with this new type of organization in your email, it's much easier to manage. Plus, with these new types of organizational skills, you're able to get more done more efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Brandon. Great job tackling the email organization task for IS101! It's awesome to see you diving into new skills like creating folders and setting up rules, especially if it's your first time. Sharing your own rule for handling blogger.com emails is super thoughtful and practical, showing that you're not just learning for yourself but helping out your classmates too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Brandon. I agree that it is awesome how we can create our own rules to better manage our Inbox. My challenge has been keeping track of some of my emails because I am used to being unorganized with emails, I look for everything in my general inbox. I have to remember that some emails will go to certain folders based on the rules that I created. Lastly, thank you for sharing the rule that you created to manage the emails we get from Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brandon, I appreciate what you rule was. Since you knew we would spend a lot of time on blogger you make a separate folder/rule for it. I also appreciate the fact that you told us exactly how to make the rule, and the 2 emails you found for it, just in case we remade the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brandon! I agree on how beneficial it is to create rules within our inboxes. You explained the blogger rule in a way that is very easy to follow and I appreciate updating the post for other blogger emails.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Brandon, in my first week on IS101 , organizing is the first task i tackled. LOL!

    ReplyDelete