Sunday, February 18, 2024

Learning About Careers in Computer Programming

    Being a computer science major, the video from section 2.7.9 gave me a great amount of information about some of the careers that focus on programming and software development. It would be wise of me to learn about the career paths that relate to my major so that I can eventually pursue one of them.

    This video gives information about application developers, web developers, quality assurance (QA) engineers, and database programmers. Each career has their own disciplines, but I found the most interest in web development. They create websites and other things accessible through the Internet. They are also highly developed in programming, which I also find interest in. I took CIT129 last term, which taught me the basic of programming in Python. Being given a task, figuring out how to execute the task, solving the mistakes I made in my code, and the satisfaction of finally making my code work gave me enjoyment.

    After gaining a quick glance at some of the most common careers in programming and web development, I begin to think about my long-term goals that circulate around my interests and my strengths.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon, I loved how to talked about coding which is something I've always found fascinating just because of how complicated it seems. I also liked in the end how you talked about this chapter made you reflect on your long-term goals that circulate around your interest and strengths, very well articulated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandon, it is refreshing to hear someone talk about their major in such a positive way. Coding truly is so fun when you get the hang of it. It is nice that LabSim can help you find and make future goals and a better understanding of what your major can bring you in your life. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandon, Welcome to the world of programming. There is a saying, "Choose your career in what you find the enjoyment, its not because you are forced". I am sure you will be successful in your career, since you found where is your enjoyment and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brandon. Congratulations on finding a subject in the reading material that gave you a little bit of inspiration to consider what type of field you would like to work in. Have you considered a specific area in which you would like to focus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brandon, your excitement for pursuing careers in programming and software development, particularly as a computer science student, is astounding. It appears that the video in section 2.7.9 provided useful details regarding potential career paths in your industry.

    Your interest in web development makes sense given the industry's vibrancy and complexity. It's great that you have selected the areas of website development and programming that most appeal to you. It looks like you have a strong foundation in Python from CIT129, and you enjoy problem-solving and the thrill of watching your code work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon, I can relate to your post. I had no clue how diverse the welding career field was until I started at CSN, started taking courses and speaking with instructors. I just wanted to be a Welder. And what is a Welder? Now, like you, I am narrowing my focus, setting realistic goals based on my strengths and interests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Exploring programming careers like web development sounds like a great fit for you. Python is a fantastic starting point, and it's exciting to think about your long-term goals in this field, Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Brandon, I believe you are headed in the right direction. Stick to your passions and what you think will bring you happiness, and you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brandon,
    It's awesome to hear how you're exploring different career paths within computer programming! Finding enjoyment in problem-solving and coding is a great sign that you're on the right track towards a fulfilling career aligned with your interests and strengths. Keep exploring those options, and you'll find the perfect fit for your long-term goals!

    ReplyDelete